An anthology selected and edited by Edward J. O’Brien and John Cournos with an introduction by John Cournos and Edward O'Brien.
- "Where Was Wych Street" by Stacy Aumonier
- "The Looking Glass" by J.D. Beresford
- "The Olive" by Algernon Blackwood
- "Once a Hero" by Harold Brighouse
- "The Pensioner" by William Caine
- "Broadsheet Ballad" by A.E. Coppard
- "Seaton's Aunt" by Walter de la Mare
- "The Reaper" by Dorothy Eaton
- "The Song" by Mary Edginton
- "A Hedonist" by John Galsworthy
- "The Bat and Belfry Inn" by Alan Graham
- "The Lie" by Holloway Horn
- "A Girl in It" by Rowland Kenney
- "The Backstairs of the Mind" by Rosamond Langbridge
- "The Birth of a Masterpiece" by Lucas Malet
- "Genius" by Elinor Mordaunt
- "The Devil to Pay" by Max Pemberton
- "Empty Arms" by Roland Pertwee
- "Lena Wrace" by May Sinclair
- "The Dice Thrower" by Sidney Southgate
- "The Stranger Woman" by G.B.Stern
- "The Woman Who Sat Still" by Parry Truscott
- "Major Wilbraham" by Hugh Walpole
Narrated by Christianne Lupher, Alan Weyman, Sara Morsey, Sarah Bacaller, and Michelle Marie.
What listeners say about The Best British Short Stories of 1922
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- Christi L
A sometimes humorous, sometimes pathetic, and sometimes creepy collection of stories
A fascinating peek back into the Britain of 1922, through the stories they themselves wrote and chose.
1 person found this helpful