Accounting is the language of business. If you want to be a great investor, executive, small business, or start up entrepreneur, you need to understand how financial statements work to operate your business. Accounting is often overcomplicated and difficult to understand. This book breaks down the world of accounting into easy-to-understand explanations with plenty of examples and practice problems.
You will learn:
- How the accounting equation works
- How to read and analyze the income statement, balance sheet, and statement of cash flows.
- The basic fundamentals of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- How to prepare basic journal entries.
- How to calculate and interpret important financial ratios to analyze business performance.