Get Your Free Audiobook
London, England, 1952.
Meet the mercurial genius Professor Quanderhorn (James Fleet) - a maverick scientist with absolutely no moral compass. Join him and his rag-tag crew on their frontal-lobe-knotting escapades as they:
- Battle insane hybrid creatures: the Gorrirrel and the Squirrilla, to the death!
- Become Gods to a Stone Age tribe.
- Are engulfed in a Martian invasion of Earth.
- Escape shipwreck on the Moon in a spacecraft powered by anger.
- Evade multiple fiendish traps in the Alien Ziggurat of Death.
- Tussle with a Top Secret Parrot.
- Become terminally confused when they encounter their past selves in a Time accident....
Will our crew of Brave Boffins survive?
And what a crew they are: Q's part insect son, Troy, reputedly a 'major breakthrough in Artificial Stupidity' (Freddie Fox); eager young Test Pilot and recovering amnesiac, Brian Nylon (Ryan Sampson); brilliant scientist Dr. Gemini Janussen with her half-clockwork brain (Cassie Layton); captured Martian hostage Guuuurk (Kevin Eldon); sinister janitor Jenkins (John Sessions), and synthetic-voice-commentator-later-inserted-into-diving-suit, Dolores (Rachel Atkins).
Plug in your blue and red cardboard airpods and pair your tin foil router with the Droitwich transmitter array for an adventure beyond human understanding.
Get it now, in Super-Vis-O-Download-O-Sound! [patent refused]
This Collexion includes both series of the BBC Radio 4 sci-fi comedy, plus ten never-before-heard deleted scenes and interviews with the cast and crew.
1. It's Eating My Face
2. Mummy! My Donkey's Head is Exploding
3. A Little Thing Like Chocolate Gates Can't Stop Us
4. The Splattered Remains of Unidentifiable Organs Incident All Over Again
5. Fear! Terror! Gut-wrenching Horror! Arg Arg. Please!
6. Dah dah dah dah dah dahh Dah dah dah dah dahhh...
7. Killdiboos and Universibold Explodibangbang
8. Shoveleth in More Hazlenuts!
10. I Didn't Say it was Well Cloaked
11. Am I Actually the Other Half of Gemma Emma Emma?
12. I Heregy Thind You Guilky
13. Psychopathic Wasp (Series 1, Ep 6)
14. Crockery Cupboard (Series 1, Ep 6)
15. Guuuurk Diary (Series 2, Ep1)
16. Nut Merchant (Series 2, Ep 2)
17. Bongo-playing Beatniks from Under the Sea (Series 2, Ep 4)
18. Martian Training (Series 2, Ep 4)
19. Martian Countdown (Series 2, Ep 5)
20. Churchill Full Speech (Series 2, Ep 5)
21. Quanderhorn Prison Diary (Series 2, Ep 5)
22. Make your own Martian Opera Tracks (Series 2, Ep 6)
Cast and crew interviews:
23. Gordon interviews Rob, Andrew and sound designer Alisdair MacGregor
24. Rob and Andrew interview composer Peter Brewis
25. Gordon interviews Freddie Fox
26. Gordon interviews John Sessions
27. Gordon interviews Rachel Atkins and James Fleet
28. Gordon interviews Ryan Sampson and Cassie Layton
29. Gordon interviews Kevin Eldon
Cast and credits:
Professor Quanderhorn - James Fleet
Brian Nylon - Ryan Sampson
Dr Gemini Janussen - Cassie Layton
Guuuurk - Kevin Eldon
Troy Quanderhorn - Freddie Fox
Churchill/Jenkins - John Sessions
Synthetic Voice/Mrs Bessie Braddock (MP)/Virginia White/Dolores - Rachel Atkins
Created and written by Rob Grant and Andrew Marshall
Directed by Andrew Marshall
Music by Peter Brewis
Engineered, Edited and Sound designed by Alisdair McGregor
Production Manager: Sarah Tombling
Produced by Rob Grant and Gordon Kennedy
Recorded at The Soundhouse Studios
Special Thanks to Edward Rowett
An Absolutely Production for BBC Radio 4 first broadcast in June 2018 (Series 1) and May 2020 (Series 2).
What listeners say about The Quanderhorn CollexionAverage Customer Ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- Amazon Customer
Story's are good but excessive cast interviess
I bought this thinking great 9+ hours quanderhorn . very disappointed to find just under 6 hours (first 2 series) of qh and 3.5 hours plus of interviews which are clearly just there for padding . Whilst there are moments in the interviews which are interesting - in the main it could have done with some heavy editing to get rid of perhaps 3 hours worth of verbal diarrhea.