Get Your Free Audiobook
Add to basket failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from Wish List failed.
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Listen with a free trial
Buy Now for $20.83
Created by experienced ACD owner and professional dog-trainer Tarah Schwartz, this audiobook will give new owners as well as those experienced with the ACD breed all the necessary skills and insights to keep your Australian cattle dog happy and healthy from puppyhood through his or her golden years.
Here, you’ll learn enough about the breed to make an informed decision about whether or not the Australian cattle dog is the right breed for you. Not only will you learn about the breed’s history as a working cattle dog, but you’ll also gain invaluable knowledge about their ability to compete in a variety of modern dog sports. If you plan on adopting a dog from a shelter, you’ll learn what to look for in your ideal dog. If you would prefer to buy a puppy from a breeder, this audiobook will guide you through choosing a breeder and bringing your puppy home.
Find answers to questions like:
- Is an Australian cattle dog the right dog for me?
- I brought my ACD home. What now?
- How can I best train my ACD?
- What are some common mistakes I should avoid?
Whether you are a veteran ACD owner or new to the breed, there will be something for everyone in this audiobook. Chapter topics include:
- Choosing an Australian cattle dog
- Preparing your home for your new ACD
- Being a great ACD owner
- Socializing with people and animals
- Australian cattle dogs and your other pets
- Physical and mental exercise
- Training your Australian cattle dog
- Basic commands
- Training a working Australian cattle dog
- Unwanted behaviors
- Traveling with Australian cattle dogs
- Grooming your Australian cattle dog
- Basic ACD health care
- Advanced ACD health and aging dog care
From your first day together until your last, this audiobook will be a vital resource that you’ll be able to consult throughout your Australian cattle dog’s lifetime. Whether you have questions about training or health care, you can rest assured that this audiobook will have the answers you’re seeking.