The Pimsleur Method: the easiest, fastest way to learn Spanish. Completely portable, easily downloadable, and lots of fun. You’ll be speaking and understanding in no time flat!
Pimsleur makes learning easy:
- Thirty-minute core lessons you can take anywhere, or do at home with Alexa
- Synch progress across devices
- Stream lessons or download to use in offline mode
- Individual progress tracking for one main account holder and up to three additional household members
- Car mode for easy driving and learning
- Compatible with Amazon Echo devices for working through lessons at home
- Quick + easy - Only 30 minutes a day.
- Portable + flexible - Core lessons can be done anytime, anywhere, and easily fit into your busy life.
- Proven method - Works when other methods fail.
- Self-paced - Go fast or go slow - it’s up to you.
- Based in science - Developed using proven research on memory and learning.
- Cost-effective - Less expensive than classes or immersion, and features all native speakers.
- Genius - Triggers your brain’s natural aptitude to learn.
- Works for everyone - Recommended for ages 13 and above.
What you’ll learn
This course includes Lessons 26-30 plus reading instruction from the Spanish Level 1 program featuring 3.5 hours of language instruction. Each lesson provides 30 minutes of spoken language practice, with an introductory conversation, and new vocabulary and structures. Detailed instructions enable you to understand and participate in the conversation. Practice for vocabulary introduced in previous lessons is included in each lesson. The emphasis is on pronunciation and comprehension, and on learning to speak Spanish.
Reading lessons are included at the end of Lesson 30 to provide you with an introduction to reading Spanish. These lessons, which total about one hour, are designed to teach you to sound out words with correct pronunciation and accent. A reading booklet to be used with the audio lessons is included.
Learning the sound of each letter alone and in culturally distinct combinations allows your brain to process what you’re hearing in the audio lessons from a new and different perspective. It’s a powerful combination that makes Pimsleur different from every other method on the market.
Spanish is the official language of 19 Latin American nations. Further, it’s one of the six official languages recognized by the UN. Pimsleur's Spanish programs teach an educated Latin American Spanish, featuring speakers from Colombia and Mexico. Students can expect to understand the lessons clearly and to be understood by Spanish speakers everywhere.
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this title, the accompanying PDF will be available in your Audible Library along with the audio.