If you want to learn tips on how to cope with type 1 diabetes, then get How to Live with Type 1 Diabetes by someone who has type 1 diabetes in real life.
Type 1 diabetes is not something to be taken lightly. Spending your entire life studying your illness, instead of actually living, isn't really what most diabetics have in mind either. Knowing the basics and living out the rest is the balance many are looking for, and the How to Live with Type 1 Diabetes guide is just the resource for the job.
Life is meant to be lived fully and without restraints, and this guide offers countless tools to keep the weight of being a diabetic off your shoulders. Some of them include:
- Information on the newest technologies
- Basic steps, both mental and physical, to aid new diabetics
- What you need to know about your illness
- Personal examples with blood sugar ranges
- Information on associated medical issues as well as how to avoid them
- Tips on exercising, eating, and even sleeping
- Help with how to talk to your doctor
- Specific references on topics like hospitals, insurance, and camps
- Emotional situations and how they affect blood-glucose
- Preferences regarding what to look out for from a real type 1 diabetic
More from the same
What listeners say about How to Live with Type 1 Diabetes
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
Not Worth 4 Dollar Price
Worst narration of any audiobook I have ever heard. Overall the book is written in a style that is stunningly lazy- the author feels free to skip over topics that he isn't familiar with instead of actually researching them. If you are completely new to diabetes this may give you a small amount of useful information but you could do better just about anywhere else. If you have had diabetes for any length of time you will not find anything new here.
1 person found this helpful
The book deals with well known common stuff. Lacks insights on insulin regime management. Hypoglycemia has been almost ignored. How to quantify EXERCISE, food and practical tips on balancing between medication, food and EXERCISE are missing.