Get Your Free Audiobook
- A Captivating Guide to the History of the Christian Church, Including Events of the Crusades, the Missionary Journeys of Paul, the Conversion of Constantine, and More
- Narrated by: Jason Zenobia
- Length: 3 hrs and 41 mins
- Unabridged Audiobook
- Categories: Religion & Spirituality, Christianity
Add to basket failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from Wish List failed.
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Listen with a free trial
Buy Now for $20.83
Have you ever wondered why the Christian Church has played such an important role in the secular affairs and in the politics of the ancient, medieval, and modern worlds?
From its modest beginnings in the Near East, the Christian Church evolved to be one of the major social institutions of the world. It began with a handful of followers of Jesus Christ, and today, the number of Christians is around two to five billion. The growth of the Christian Church is one of the most remarkable events in human history.
Generations of historians have marveled at the development of the Christian Church. It began as a modest undertaking by Christ’s disciples and appears today as a multi-faceted global enterprise comprising some 30,000 Christian denominations.
The intriguing story told in this audiobook, recounted in everyday language, deals head-on with some of the most divisive ideas in humanity’s history. For it is religion that is at the heart of secular society’s organization today, whether it is to separate church and state or to combine the two.
In this fascinating retelling of how the Christian Church came to be what it is today, you will learn:
- The historical truth about the persecution of Christians in the Roman Empire.
- Why differences over the true meaning of the Holy Trinity caused the formation of separate churches.
- What Martin Luther and his contemporaries thought about the organization of the church.
- How scholars in German universities advanced the thinking of Protestant theology.
- Why new denominations proliferated among Protestants.
- How the Catholic Church and the pope responded to the challenge of Protestantism.
- How the United Kingdom and America came to have such an abundance of different denominations.
Scroll up and click the "buy now” button to learn more about the history of the Christian Church.