Cookies & Internet Advertising
. See below for information on how to modify the settings in your browser to notify you when you receive a new cookie and disable cookies altogether.
Cookies and How We Use Them
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your device or computer's hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to provide services. For information on the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information, see our Privacy Notice
- Identifying you when you sign-in to our site. This allows us to provide you with your account information, product recommendations, display personalised content, and recognise your status as an Audible member, among other customised features and services we provide.
- Keeping track of your specified preferences. This allows us to honour your likes and dislikes, such as whether or not you would like to see marketing emails. You may generally exercise your preferences through My Account.
- Keeping track of items stored in your basket.
- Conducting research and diagnostics to improve Audible's content, products and services.
- Preventing fraudulent activities.
- Improving security.
Cookies and Browser Settings
The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on's settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer.
Third parties may display interest-based advertising on unaffiliated sites on our behalf using information related to your interaction with our sites, content, or services. The information practices of these third parties are not covered by our Privacy Notice or this Cookies & Internet Advertising page. Please contact them directly for more information about their privacy practices. Also, as described above, you may modify the settings in your browser to notify you when you receive a new cookie and disable cookies altogether.