Why Leadership Sucks2 books in series
Why Leadership Sucks tm Publisher's Summary
What is ethical leadership? Is there a difference between leadership vs management? What is strategic leadership? What is the most effective leadership philosophy? Do you wish your company had leadership coaching and leadership courses, or are you frustrated with executive leadership? Do you long for more participative leadership? You are not alone.
So why does leadership suck?
It sucks because real leadership is hard, requires selfless service, and because the buck stops here. Servant leadership or Level 5 leadership is uncomfortable, humbling, self-denying, painful, and counterintuitive; nonetheless, participative leadership is the only kind of leadership that brings lasting results, genuine happiness, and true self-fulfillment.
The book is divided into four parts:
- Part 1: To serve or not to serve. Educational leadership requires servant leadership.
- Part 2: Do what's best for your organization. Discusses various aspects of organizational leadership and culture
- Part 3: Humility 101. Leadership principles of self-examination, apologies, authenticity, controlling and displaying emotions, and handling adversity are examined.
- Part 4: Specific management situations, focusing on business leadership competencies.
Here is the leadership training and leadership coaching you will learn from Miles and experience in Why Leadership Sucks?
- Why servant leadership is a superior leadership philosophy and a better long-term strategy.
- Develop executive leadership skills with practical action steps.
- Learn from real world examples from the author's educational leadership experience.
- Quotes on leadership help highlight and introduce sections within each chapter.
To discover why ethical leadership is frustrating and learn strategic leadership principles for your leadership journey, download a sample or purchase Why Leadership Sucks now.