Ham License Series3 books in series
The Fast Track to Your General Class Ham Radio License Publisher's Summary
Memorizing answers is hard - and boring. Learning is easy!
If you've made the decision to open up your ham radio world by going for the General Class license, great! General is certainly more challenging than Technician, but The Fast Track to Your General Class Ham Radio License explains the reasoning and technology behind each correct answer on the General Class exam so you'll understand and remember the subject matter.
Created by an experienced ham and adult educator, it's like having your own, patient, experienced, good-humored mentor for the exam.
To get your General Class license, you must pass a multiple-choice test. The General license test consists of 35 questions drawn from a pool of 462. Memorizing the answers to 462 disconnected questions is difficult, but The Fast Track makes getting your upgrade easier by explaining the logic behind each correct answer. It's simple: When you understand the material, and you have a context for the material, you remember the answers and pass the test.
Best of all, once you've passed your exam you'll have a solid grounding in ham radio basics.
- Includes every possible question and every answer
- Correct answers clearly marked in bold
- Precise instructions for how to locate a testing session, how to prepare, and even what to bring - and what not to bring - to the test
- All technical topics explained in clear, plain language
- Step-by-step instructions to solve all the math problems
- Test taking strategies
- Hints to easily solve many questions and avoid the traps in the test
- Written in "learning order", not just the order of the official question bank
- Covers questions that will be used until June 30, 2019