Get Your Free Audiobook
Your First Triathlon
- A Beginners Guide to Triathlon Training, Triathlon Preparation and Completing Your First Triathlon
- Narrated by: Sam Scholl
- Length: 1 hr and 54 mins
Non-member price: $10.18
Would you like to know how to complete a triathlon?
To many people, having the desire to take part in a triathlon is a mystery. But to others, it represents a great challenge to overcome and a great way to spice up your current weight loss or fitness regime. Most people will take up running, cycling, or swimming independently to get fit or to lose weight, but why not combine all three?
A lot of people are put off by the idea of doing a triathlon, as they feels it's for the fitness elite. This audiobook demonstrates that's really not the case! In my experience of competing in triathlons and coaching people, I've found that there's always someone else that's not as fit as you. Whether you're nine to 90 years old, male or female, fat or thin, you can complete a triathlon if you have the desire.
Whatever the initial motivation, the need to test your limits is usually the driving force for people wanting to complete a triathlon.
Anyone with the right mindset can complete a triathlon, but that doesn't make it easy. When people start thinking about all the equipment, techniques, and training required to complete a triathlon, the idea becomes scary and overwhelming. That's normal! This book is designed to take a complete beginner through the process of completing a triathlon.
Here's a preview of what you'll learn:
- An introduction to triathlon
- Swimming - how to swim, gear, drills and workouts
- Cycling - gear, types of bikes, bike fitness and workouts
- Cycling fitness plan
- Transition training tips
- Running - gear and workouts
- Sprint triathlon training plan
- Olympic distance training plan
- Triathlon nutrition and hydration
- Triathlon preparation
- General triathlon tips
- Race day
- And much more!
What listeners say about Your First Triathlon
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- jean doe
A Quick Informative Read..
Any additional comments?
This book is a little under 100 pages but holds a lot of information.
The author covers :
- What to expect during a Triathlon
- Swim Triathlon: swim gear, swim moves, and practice drills
- Bike Triathlon: bike gear, etc
- Running Triathlon : running gear, etc
The author also covers hydration and nutrition.
Overall, this book was a quick informative read.
Sam Scholl did well with the narration.
"This audio book was provided by the author, narrator, or publisher at no cost in exchange for an unbiased review."