There are certain stories which stand out from the crowd owing to the unique creativity of the plot and the skill with which the author unfolds his tale. This selection contains 50 of the most ingenious short stories ever written.
- 'The Lighthouse on Shivering Sand' by J. S. Fletcher
- 'The Umbrella' by Arnold Bennett
- 'The Lovely Lady' by D. H. Lawrence
- 'The Lake' by W. F. Harvey
- 'A Tiger’s Skin' by W. W. Jacobs
- 'The Strange Case of Mr. Todmorden' by F. Britten Austin
- 'The Ghost Ship' by Richard Middleton
- 'The Victim' by Perceval Gibbon
- 'The Vampire' by Jan Neruda
- 'The Cost of Kindness' by Jerome K. Jerome
- 'Three Pennyworth of Luck' by Basil Murray
- 'A Considerable Murder' by Barry Pain
- 'Squirrel in a Cage' by E. M. Delafield
- 'The Cremona Violin' by E. T. A. Hoffmann
- 'The Anticipator' by Morley Roberts
- 'The Dust That Was Barren' by P. C. Wren
- 'The Stranger' by Ambrose Bierce
- 'The Deserter' by Stacy Aumonier
- 'The Silver Mask' by Hugh Walpole
- 'The Man Who Hated Aspidistras' by W. F. Harvey
- 'The Right Hand of Doom' by Robert E. Howard
- 'Cool Air' by H. P. Lovecraft
- 'The Magnet' by Barry Pain
- 'The Last Leaf' by O. Henry
- 'The Ruby Glass' by Hugh Walpole
- 'The Cats of Ulthar' by H. P. Lovecraft
- 'Unwinding' by W. F. Harvey
- 'At the Farmhouse' by E. F. Benson
- 'The Eyes' by Edith Wharton
- 'The Hair' by A. J. Alan
Plus 20 more riveting tales.
What listeners say about Very Strange Stories
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
Narrator. Takes some getting used to. Thick accent and weird delivery. But somewhat charmin once you're used to it. Stories are old fashioned literary morsels. A good read.
6 people found this helpful
- Andreas Resl
Dont waste your money...
Would you try another book from the authors and/or Cathy Dobson?
What was one of the most memorable moments of Very Strange Stories?
The terrible reading.
Would you be willing to try another one of Cathy Dobson’s performances?
What character would you cut from Very Strange Stories?
The Stories themselves are good, the problem is the pronounciation and melody of the reader.
1 person found this helpful