Get Your Free Audiobook
Creating your own game can be very intimidating at the start, and quite often, regardless of your experience with games, it is sometimes difficult to find the time and motivation to get over the first barriers and get started (e.g., lack of time or coding expertise).
Often, these barriers seem higher than they actually are. You may be a teacher trying to introduce games in the classroom, but with no previous coding or game development experience; maybe you are a hobbyist who would love to create interactive environments based on the games that you enjoy playing; maybe you are a student getting started with game development, but you just don't know where to start or what resources to use; or maybe you have tried online video tutorials but found them disjointed.
You may be wondering, "How can I start to create my games if I have no experience of coding?" or, "This game engine is so complex that I just don't know where to get started." This is quite common, and you can easily overcome these issues with a step-by-step approach that gets you to progressively develop and use your skills.
This is the approach that I have used successfully over the past years to take students from a wide range of backgrounds, from no knowledge of coding or game development to good levels of proficiency in Unity.
Of course, it takes some time and dedication; however, by following the techniques and suggestions described in this book, I can promise you that you will progress, regardless of your background, and become more comfortable with Unity. In From Zero to Proficiency (Foundations), which is the first audiobook in the series, you will become comfortable with Unity's interface and core features, by creating a project (with no coding involved) that includes both an indoor and an outdoor environment.
When you download this book you get:
- An exclusive one-hour video tutorial
- Access to the author by email if you have any question
- A list of the learning objectives at the start of each chapter
- Step-by-step activities using a tried-and-tested method
- Challenges at the end of each chapter
- Printable cheat-sheets for common shortcuts
- Quizzes to test your knowledge (and answers)
More from the same
- Convolutional Neural Networks Guide to Algorithms, Artificial Neurons, and Deep Learning: Introduction to Feedforward Neural Networks
- Russian Treasures: A Novel
- Financial Management for Beginners: You Need a Budget to Manage Your Money. Personal Planning, Money Mindset and Discipline for Financial Independence
What listeners say about Unity from Zero to Proficiency: Foundations, Second Edition, November 2017
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- Anonymous User
Not suitable for audiobooks
Probably a fine book to get in hard copy or PDF style, but it’s too reliant on visual diagrams and screenshots to be of much value as an audiobook.
The reading is weird too - frequently stopping mid-sentence rather than pausing after complete ‘thought groups’.
4 people found this helpful