Wordsworth, Keats, Shelley, Blake, Coleridge, and Byron...the poets of the Romantic Period are here celebrated with readings by Sir Ralph Richardson, Christopher Hassall, Margaretta Scott, and Tyrone Power.
What listeners say about The Romantic PoetsAverage Customer Ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- Brian J. Willis
Here are track listings (mostly)
These are from memory. I know the actors well.
1) This is Audible
2) Wordsworth, "Lines Composed on Westminster Bridge", Robert Donat
3) Coleridge, "This Lime Tree Bower My Prison", Ralph Richardson
4) Byron, extensive excerpt from Don Juan, Tyrone Power
5) Shelley, "Ode to the West Wind", Margaretta Scott
6) Blake, "The Lamb" both I+E, "Holy Thursday" both as well, more, Richardson
7) Byron, ?, Power
8) Keats, "Ode to Autumn", Donat
9) Blake, more Innocence and Experience, Richardson
10) Wordsworth, "I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud", Donat
13) Blake, Prophecies, Richardson
14) Wordsworth, "Tintern Abbey", Cedric Harwicke
15) Coleridge, "Rime of the Ancient Mariner", Richardson
16) Keats, "St. Agnes Eve" (complete), Richardson
17) Shelley, "To A Skylark", Scott
18) Keats, "Ode to Psyche", Donat
19) Keats, "Ode to a Nightingale", Donat
20) Blake, Title?, Donat
21) Keats, "When I have Fears that I May Cease To Be", Donat
22) Keats, "Le Belle Dame Sans Merci", Donat
7 people found this helpful
Romantic Poets...you're on your own
The problem with this piece is two-fold. (a) the sound quality is uneven and (b) the poems are read without including the Title or Author. So, unless you already know the material, you're on your own.
6 people found this helpful
Great selection and readings but the titles and poets were not named so a lot of the time I didn't know who I was listening to.
This book wasn’t for you, but who do you think might enjoy it more?
Nothing is identified in this audiobook. No titles, no authors, no readers.
What could the authors have done to make this a more enjoyable book for you?
It needs a table of contents, and the titles and speakers should be identified.
How could the performance have been better?
The sound quality is very uneven, sometimes bad.
If you could play editor, what scene or scenes would you have cut from The Romantic Poets?
That is hard to say, since no poems or titles are given.