An enchanting collection of some of the greatest short stories ever written by notable French authors.
- "Zodomirsky’s Duel", by Alexandre Dumas
- "Mademoiselle Fifi", by Guy de Maupassant
- "The Marquise", by George Sand
- "Miss Harriet", by Guy de Maupassant
- "The Cord", by Charles Baudelaire
- "The Piece of String", by Guy de Maupassant
- ",The Necklace", by Guy de Maupassant
- "An Episode of the Reign of Terror", by Honoré de Balzac
- "A Child’s Revenge", by Paul Bourget
- "In the Reign of Terror", by Anatole France
- "Jeannot and Colin", by Voltaire
- "The Mummy’s Foot", by Théophile Gautier
- "The Paradise of Cats", by Emile Zolà
- "The Shoulders of the Marquise", by Emile Zolà
- "Jenny", by Victor Hugo
- "The Child with the Bread Shoes", by Théophile Gautier
- "The Reverend Father Gaucher's Elixir", by Alphonse Daudet
What listeners say about The Best French Short Stories
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- Anonymous User
great stories ruined!
I was so looking forward to listening to the stories of great authors I had previously read. However within 20 minutes and trying all of the stories I turned off in frustration. The reader was pretentious and irritating to the point of ruining great literature. no wonder young people don't listen to these wonderful works.
Wonderful stories TERRIBLE narrator
after purchasing this as and other collections of my favorite authors I swore off anything read by Cathy Dobson. Her voice and ridiculous intonations ruins every story she reads. I am passionate about French and Russian literature and it is beyond disappointing to see so many of those stories read exclusively by Csthy Dobson. I noticed I am hardly the first to deem these recordings unlistenable. Why have they not been re-recorded by someone else?!!
1 person found this helpful