A riveting collection of true stories which are so strange as to be almost unbelievable.
- "The Terrible Story of the Mary Russell"
- "The Murder of the Countess Görlitz"
- "The Great Bank Forgery"
- "Moonlight Sonata"
- "Gretna Green Marriages"
- "Count Borulawski", by Jen Grenier
- "The French Werewolf"
- "I Will Pay You All Tomorrow"
- "The Telephone at the Oratory"
- "The Ghostly Passenger"
- "The Diver"
- "The Bloody Hand"
- "The Story of Kaspar Hauser"
- "Across the Australian Desert"
What listeners say about Stranger Than Fiction
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- Sue Shailer
Great material but poorly presented
Very interesting stories, many of which were new to me which was a nice surprise. Narrator, however, does a poor job and makes listening a tedious affair. She raises her voice not in pitch but in volume to emphasise points, and does this in a rhythmic cadence rather than emphasising the appropriate words. A different reader would have made this a fantastic audiobook.