Linux: The Command Line Beginner's Guide gives users new to Linux an introduction to the command line environment.
In the guide, you'll learn how to:
- Copy, move, and delete files and directories.
- Create, delete, and manage users.
- Create, delete, and manage groups.
- Use virtual terminals.
- Use the bash shell.
- Safely use the root account with su and sudo.
- Change permissions and ownership of files and directories.
- Create and edit text files from the command line, without using a graphical editor.
- Diagnose network connectivity problems.
- And many other topics.
©2013 Jonathan Moeller (P)2020 Jonathan Moeller
More from the same
16 Best Audiobooks by Aboriginal AuthorsAcross genres, there’s no shortage of brilliant titles from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander writers of Australia.
HEAR FAMOUS VOICES
25 Best Celebrity AudiobooksIt’s always a pleasant surprise to pick up a familiar story and find an unexpected famous friend in the narrator’s booth.
BEST OF THE YEAR
Best Audiobooks of 2020We've crunched the numbers, heard from our listeners and gotten expert opinions to round up the best listens of 2020.
In the spirit of reconciliation, Audible Australia acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.