Leadership is all about others - inspiring them to believe, then enabling that belief to become reality. That's the essence of Leadership U: it starts with U but it's not about U.
Those timeless words are timelier than ever today, as leaders look to accelerate through the crisis curve. As author Gary Burnison observes, "There will likely be more change in the next two years than we have seen in the last 20." Now, in Leadership U, Burnison lays out a framework - his Six Degrees of Leadership - to show leaders how to create change.
- Anticipate - foreseeing what lies ahead.
- Navigate - course-correcting in real time, to keep the organization on an even keel.
- Communication - constantly connecting with others; the leader is both the messenger and the message.
- Listen - breaking down the organizational hierarchy to gather insights at all levels.
- Learn - applying learning agility, to "know what to do when you don't know what to do."
- Lead - empowering others in a bottom-up culture that is more nimble, agile, innovative, and entrepreneurial than ever before.
Only by embracing these truths can leaders master another U - the "crisis curve" that will completely disrupt the business landscape.
More from the same
What listeners say about Leadership U
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
Concise and timeless
Gary Burnison‘s book is a fantastic add to your repertoire of professional development books. For some odd reason, a few other reviewers found the contents rather uninspiring. However, Gary’s words reflect timeless wisdom that has been and always will be true for the best of leaders. Concise and to the point, this book is a must read, particularly for those who want to grow into positions of leadership. I’ll be holding on to this one to listen and refer to again along my leadership journey.