Get Your Free Audiobook
Improve Your Conversations: Think on Your Feet, Witty Banter, and Always Know What to Say with Improv Comedy Techniques (2nd Edition)
- How to Be More Likable and Charismatic, Book 10
- Narrated by: Russell Newton
- Length: 3 hrs and 47 mins
- Categories: Relationships, Parenting & Personal Development, Personal Development
Non-member price: $20.83
Does your mind blank in conversation and create awkward silence? Do you run out of things to say and struggle to keep dialogue flowing?
(A) Conversation isn’t scripted, (B) it’s 100% unpredictable, and (C) it can be terrifying at times. How do you prepare for such a thing?
By learning how to apply improv comedy techniques to roll with any punch and improve your conversations and social interactions.
Become quicker and more clever in daily conversation.
Improv(e) Your Conversations teaches the ingenious rules of improv comedy that allow performers to turn boring prompts into memorable interactions worthy of standing ovations. This means there are real frameworks and templates to escape interview mode small talk – and start connecting and building rapport from the moment you say “Hello”. This book goes through over 15 of the most helpful and insightful improv comedy techniques with countless real-life examples to make you a great talker.
Learn the conversational secrets of the world’s best comedians.
Patrick King is an internationally bestselling author and social skills coach. His writing draws of a variety of sources, from scientific research, academic experience, coaching, and real life experience.
Over 15 actionable tips that are actually practical and relatable.
- The three easy ways to always know what to say, even when your mind goes blank.
- What Sherlock Holmes has to do with great rapport
- How to read people better and what to look for
- The one goal you must always keep in mind (that you probably don’t even know)
- Adapt, witty comeback, reply, and charm in record time
- What causes awkward silences and how to prevent them
- How your conversation should resemble a movie
- How to “flip the switch” to be more entertaining
Conversation skills are the gatekeeper to the rest of your life.
Improving your conversations gives you the ability to turn a random encounter into a flowing conversation, into a lasting friendship. Fewer acquaintances and more friends, less small talk and more true substance.
- Better networking, better career placement, better job interviews
- New friendships, improved relationships, and being more attractive to the opposite sex
- Instant likability and great first impressions