This is a compilation of some of the most well-known speeches of modern times, spanning the years 1940-1987. Each of the speeches has been edited to include the most noteworthy segment.
- Winston Churchill, First Radio Address As Prime Minister
- Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., I Have A Dream
- John F. Kennedy, Inaugural Address
- Richard M. Nixon, The Watergate Tapes
- Harry S. Truman, Jefferson-Jackson Day Dinner
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Declaration of War
- Robert F. Kennedy, Democratic Convention
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Christmas Eve Address
- John F. Kennedy, Ich Bin Ein Berliner
- Richard M. Nixon, Resignation
- Ronald Reagan, Evil Empire
- Ronald Reagan, Berlin Wall
- Gen. Douglas MacArthur, Farewell Address To Congress
(P)1997 HarperCollins UK
16 Best Audiobooks by Aboriginal AuthorsAcross genres, there’s no shortage of brilliant titles from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander writers of Australia.
HEAR FAMOUS VOICES
25 Best Celebrity AudiobooksIt’s always a pleasant surprise to pick up a familiar story and find an unexpected famous friend in the narrator’s booth.
HOT THIS YEAR
Best Audiobooks of 2020We've crunched the numbers, heard from our listeners and gotten expert opinions to round up the best listens of 2020.
In the spirit of reconciliation, Audible Australia acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.