Get Your Free Audiobook
Four Views on the Apostle Paul: Audio Lectures
- 18 Lessons on Reformed, Catholic, 'Post-New Perspective,' and Jewish Understandings of Paul
- Narrated by: Michael F. Bird, Douglas A. Campbell, Mark D. Nanos, Luke Timothy Johnson, Thomas R. Schreiner
- Series: Zondervan Biblical and Theological Lectures
- Length: 2 hrs and 50 mins
- Categories: Religion & Spirituality, Christianity
Non-member price: $34.96
The Zondervan Biblical and Theological Lectures series provides a unique audio-learning experience. Unlike a traditional audiobook's direct narration of a book's text, Four Views on the Apostle Paul: Audio Lectures include high quality live-recordings of college-level lectures that cover the important points from each subject as well as relevant material from other sources.
The apostle Paul was a vital force in the development of Christianity. Paul's historical and religious context affects the theological interpretation of Paul's writings, no small issue in the whole of Christian theology.
Recent years have seen much controversy about the apostle Paul, his context, and its effect on his theology. In Four Views on the Apostle Paul: Audio Lectures, four leading scholars present their views on the best framework for describing Paul's theological perspective, including his view of salvation, the significance of Christ, and his vision for the churches.
- Reformed View: Thomas R. Schreiner
- Catholic View: Luke Timothy Johnson
- Post-New Perspective View: Douglas Campbell
- Jewish View: Mark D. Nanos
Four Views on the Apostle Paul: Audio Lectures gives students the tools they need to draw informed conclusions on debates about Paul. New Testament scholar Michael F. Bird also covers foundational issues and provides helpful summaries in his introduction and conclusion.
New Testament scholars, pastors, and students of Christian history and biblical theology will find Four Views on the Apostle Paul: Audio Lectures, an indispensable introduction to ongoing debates on the apostle Paul's life and teaching.
More from the same
What listeners say about Four Views on the Apostle Paul: Audio Lectures
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- David Graieg
A brief introduction to understanding the Apostle
A brief introduction to understanding the Apostle Paul from four perspectives. Each author addresses at least these four questions:
a) What did Paul think about salvation?
b) What was Paul’s view of the significance of Christ?
c) What is the best framework for describing Paul’s theological perspective?
d) What was Paul’s vision for the churches?
It would be nice if audible could put the presentation of the view before the critiques of it. Also, it would be good if audible could add names to the chapters in the app rather than just stating chap 1, chap 2... The chapters are:
1. Intro by Bird
2. Response by Johnson to Schreiner
3. Response by Campbell to Schreiner
4. Response by Nanos to Schreiner
5. Reformed View: Thomas R. Schreiner
6. Response by Schreiner to Johnson
7. Response by Campbell to Johnson
8. Response by Nanos to Johnson
9. Catholic View: Luke Timothy Johnson
10. Response by Schreiner to Campbell
11. Response by Johnson to Campbell
12. Response by Nanos to Campbell
13. Post-New Perspective View: Douglas Campbell
14. Response by Schreiner to Nanos
15. Response by Johnson to Nanos
16. Response by Campbell to Nanos
17. Jewish View: Mark D. Nanos
18. Conclusion by Bird
- W.P. Krack
A compliment to the book only
This was a nice extremely short 1/36th compliment to the book, if that. Notice the run time of less than 3 hours. You would need to be very familiar with the book to get anything from this resource. Again, as with all of these “four views”, the editor is at fault, by simply not doing any work at all, save handing out the rules for the contest. Great work by the Authors, less than zero stars for the editor. If your not able to place names on chapters, do the listener the favor of at least introducing them. It would be nice to know who is talking! Wow.
Author intro needs help
It was an amazing book, however, I would have liked for the author to state their name prior to talking.
- Anonymous User
Understanding Biblical Perspectives
This Audiobook provides great insight about the apostle Paul from 4 different biblical perspectives.