A spine-chilling collection of fantastical and enchanting classic short stories.
- 'The Wolf Book' by Henry Chapman Mercer
- 'Absolute Zero' by Morgan Robertson
- 'An Uncommon View of It' by W. C. Morrow
- 'The Baumoff Explosive' by William Hope Hodgson
- 'Absolute Evil' by Julian Hawthorne
- 'The Dolls' Castle' by Henry Chapman Mercer
- 'The Legend' by Edith Wharton
- 'A Tropical Horror' by William Hope Hodgson
- 'Castle Valley' by Henry Chapman Mercer
- 'Passing of a God' by Henry S. Whitehead
- 'To Let' by B. M. Croker
- 'The Twins' by Bessie Kyffin-Taylor
- 'The Last Trump' by Hugh Walpole
- 'Room Number Ten' by Bessie Kyffin-Taylor
- 'The Trade Wind' by Morgan Robertson
- 'The Speck on the Lens' by John Kendrick Bangs
- 'The Screaming Skull' by F. Marion Crawford
- 'The Ghost in the Cupboard Room' by Wilkie Collins
- 'The Ghost at the Blue Dragon' by William J. Wintle
- 'Number Ninety' by B. M. Croker
- 'The Shadow on the Blind' by Louisa Baldwin
- 'A Ghost's Revenge' by Lettice Galbraith
- 'The Spectre Spiders' by William J. Wintle
- 'The Death Mask' by H. D. Everett
- 'The Confession of Charles Linkworth' by E. F. Benson
- 'The Murder of the Mandarin' by Arnold Bennett
- 'The Severed Hand' by E. T. A. Hoffmann
- 'The Smile of La Gioconda' by Morley Robertson
- 'The Stone Dragon' by R. Murray Gilchrist
- 'The Watcher by the Threshold' by John Buchan
What listeners say about Fantastic Tales
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- Olivier Dunrea
THE WORST READER EVER!
I have listened to hundreds of wonderful audio books brought to life by skilled and thoughtful readers. Cathy Dobson is the worst reader of any book I have ever tried to listen to. I could not get through the first story in this collection due to her annoying voice and odd intonation. She sounds as if she is trying her hand at spell casting rather than reading an interesting story. Her tone and odd phrasing is a poor attempt at trying to sound erudite in her reading rather than engaging and gripping. Simply the worst reader ever!
2 people found this helpful
Painful Listening ZERO star Performance
What disappointed you about Fantastic Tales?
The narrator delivers every sentence... In a relentless Captain Kirk-meets-sensationalist local newscaster style that is impossible to tolerate more than 5 minutes.
Who was your favorite character and why?
Couldn't say. I think the reason that no one has reviewed this audiobook is because they immediately returned it.
Who would you have cast as narrator instead of Cathy Dobson?
Anyone. I would rather listen to 20+ hours of leaf blowers and barking Chihuahuas than another Cathy Dobson narration.
Any additional comments?
Audible, please rerecord these and other classics with a different narrator.
4 people found this helpful