Customer service is the single most pressing problem for business managers and people in any service or sales operation, especially at the retail level. In fact, many experts believe that you build a business from the customer up.
In Customer Mania!, Ken Blanchard, one of America's biggest best-selling authors and inspiring business leaders, writes of the key to customer service; creating a people-oriented, performance-driven, customer-first organization. Packed with practical insights, Customer Mania! emphasizes four critical steps:
- Set Your Sights on the Right Target: The bottom line grows from taking care of customers and creating a motivating environment for your people.
- Treat Customers the Right Way: Determine the kind of experience you want your customers to have as they interact with every part of the company.
- Treat Employees the Right Way: Use strategies ranging from smart hiring, to training and development, to managing performance and creating a recognition culture.
- Build the Right Kind of Leadership: You can't do it all yourself, so let your people put their own brains to work and then support them all the way.
From CEO to middle manager to the person facing the consumer, Customer Mania! is a vital tool for enhancing their experience and their customers.
- Audie Award Finalist, Business Information/Educational, 2005
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
Book should have been titled "Yum Brands," not Customer Mania. Nothing more than a documentary on Yum Brands (or maybe advertisement for their stock). Some good ideas, but nothing new. I guess I'm just a Jim Collins fan. I wish Ken could have studied a good half dozen different companies looking for great customer service.
1 person found this helpful
Customer First Culture
A great way to create a customer first culture in a company. The power of creating raving fans by treating your people right is so powerful.
This book is right on!
Ken Blanchard is not only a great author, but a great narrator too. This book re-opened my eyes to becoming a more successful, people-focused leader and company. I have required all of our top management to listen/read this book. Enjoy!
- Andrew D. Close
The book provides an fascinating insight into the world of big business. It particularly focuses on a large multinational food chain, so if you are looking for something that resonates with a small business this might not be the book for you. Having said that, there are loads of useful tips and ideas that would help businesses of any size.