Do you want to know how the small British Isles became one of the most important empires in world history? Read about the 50 most important events in British history, from the first immigration to the post-World War 2 era.
This book will give you a comprehensive overview of British history.
Author James Weber did the research and compiled this huge list of events that changed the course of this nation forever.
Some of them include:
- Stonehenge is completed (2000 BC)
- Romans invade Britain (43 AD)
- The Declaration of Arbroath (1320 AD)
- The Battle of Hastings (1066 AD)
- The Defeat of the Spanish Armada (1588 AD)
- The Glorious Revolution (1688 AD)
- Act of union between England and Scotland (1707 AD)
- Queen Victoria ascends to the throne (1837 AD)
- British Broadcasting Corporation is established (1927 AD)
- Good Friday Agreement (1998 AD)
- And many, many more
This is the perfect resource for students and anyone wanting to broaden their knowledge in history. Get your copy now!
What listeners say about British History in 50 Events
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- My experience with this product
learned more than expected
narration was clear, topics were interesting. eager to learn more. enjoyed section on industrial revolution
Imagine the whole Beatles shown as 7 hit songs
Or imagine, perhaps, a tour of Asia in 2 weeks. Much would be left out, from the view of any aficionado. Of course, given the short length here, one could not expect otherwise. In my case, I was ramping up from shorter to longer British history books, and wanted a background sketch to refresh some general recollections and set a tone. So, this worked alright for that.