After three years of living his dream as a professional baseball pitcher, Mike Robbins had an arm injury that benched him for good, and when this happened, he had to figure out who he was without the identity of "baseball player" - a process fraught with emotional highs and lows. He quickly realized that the self-criticism and self-doubt he was feeling are epidemic in our culture. Too often we base our value on our external world - our jobs, finances, appearance, or various other factors. Even the most successful people struggle with their relationship with themselves.
In Nothing Changes Until You Do, Mike looks at this delicate relationship and brings to light a new way to look at life, opening your eyes to your innate value. In these 40 inspiring stories, Mike shows you how to get out of your own way and make peace with yourself. With humor, authenticity, and ease, he illustrates that with a little self-compassion and a healthy dose of self-acceptance, anyone can turn away from the negatives that manifest because of a critical self-perception - things like unkindness, insecurity, addictions, unnecessary drama, and more. You’ll learn to have more compassion, more acceptance, and more love for yourself - thus giving you access to more compassion, more acceptance, and more love for the people (and everything else) in your life.
©2014 Hay House (P)2014 Hay House
There are no listener reviews for this title yet.
"20% Inspiration, 80% Biography"
Every so often I pick up a book like this just as a reminder on things I should already be constantly aware of, and to find a little inspiration here and there. That's essentially what this book is for about 20% of it. It's a message that boils down to a variation of the Law of Attraction: if you change your perception, you change your world. It's a good message, but... the other 80% consists of personal anecdotes of the author's personal life, and after a while it gets tedious despite the best intentions. It's ironic to me that had he presented this as a biography instead of a self-help title, it might have been better, but it probably wouldn't sell nearly as well.
Robbins is a decent enough narrator for his own book, but as he's also a public speaker, it could have been better if he'd presented this in such a way as to harness those abilities instead of making it sound like he was just reading his book.
"Honest, Authentic and Relatable"
Yes! His stories are healing, uplifting and compassionate. Many of the topics he discusses are similar to my own struggles. I felt the confidence and strength in his words, reminding me to stand in my power. Thank you for writing this book and sharing your experiences with us!
Report Inappropriate Content
If you find this review inappropriate and think it should be removed from our site, let us know. This report will be reviewed by Audible and we will take appropriate action.