Get Your Free Audiobook
WordTheatre, the short story performance specialists, casts the perfect actors to bring great contemporary writing to life.
Recorded live with many of the authors present, these nine exquisitely crafted stories explore the one topic that everyone knows something about: families. Whether through birth, adoption, or marriage, whatever the relationships, they provide rich fodder for our talented authors - at times amusing, at others, achingly painful.
- Halley Feiffer reading “Ask for Pain” by Julie Orringer
- James Franco reading “The Odds It Would Be You” by Alice Mattison
- Gary Dourdan reading “Bug Juice” by Christine R. Lincoln
- Danielle Panabaker reading “The Escape” by Joyce Carol Oates
- Ian Hart reading “Distant Ships” by Simon Van Booy
- Robin de Jesus reading “The Faith Healer of Olive Avenue” by Manuel Munoz
- CCH Pounder reading “Pet” by Deb Olin Unferth
- Vincent Piazza reading “Three Thursdays in the Bronx” by David Prete
- Nicki Micheaux reading “Vacuum” by Brad Watson
Produced and directed by Cedering Fox; edited by Sara Bencivenga; mixed and mastered by Theo Mondle; music composed by Greg Chun.
WordTheatre gives voice to great writing. We are an innovative, internationally recognized, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to inspiring empathy, curiosity and conversation through powerful and entertaining performances, both live and recorded, of the world’s best contemporary literature. We aim to ignite a passion for reading, writing and self-expression in our community and in future generations.
What listeners say about WordTheatre: Families & Other Natural Disasters, Volume 1Average Customer Ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- Amazon Customer
I have been a fan of short stories for a while. the performances in this collection made it a pleasing experience.
1 person found this helpful