The death of a loved one is always a devastating blow, but What to Do When a Loved One Dies: Taking Charge at a Difficult Time explains how to plan for the inevitable. Narrated in serious tones by respected voice actor Erik Davies, this audiobook is direct and to the point, acknowledging death as a somber reality that listeners may truly be struggling to cope with. Originally written by author Steven D. Price, who dedicated the book to the memory of his parents, this audiobook covers topics including funeral parlors, dealing with the remains, legal issues, and mourning - leading listeners to comfort through practical planning.
At some point in everyone's life, everyone will be placed in the position of dealing with the death of a loved one. Arranging all the necessary details at such a difficult time can prove overwhelming. However, help is now at hand in this guide that covers all the essential aspects:
- Ways to avoid probate and other estate problems while you're still alive through gifts and trusts
- Pre-funeral formalities, such as when the loved one dies in another state or country
- Selecting a funeral parlor and working with its director and clergy with regard to the funeral service
- Disposition of the remains, whether burial or cremation
- Probating the will or marshalling the assets if the deceased died intestate
- Survivor benefits and other financial and tax matters
- Mourning and grief therapy
Drawing from the counsel of funeral directors, clergy, attorneys, estate planners, and psychologists and with references to Web sites and other sources of further information, this book provides straightforward and reassuring advice that is both practical and comforting at this difficult time.