The male is in crisis. Traditional roles once gave men stability and continuity from generation to generation. Today, the world is sending out conflicting signals about what it means to be a man. Many men are questioning who they are and what roles they fulfill in life - as a male, a husband, and a father - leaving them frustrated and causing them to live far below their potential. Best-selling author Dr. Myles Munroe examines cultural attitudes toward men and addresses critical issues such as:
- How can men gain their footing in the ever-shifting environment of cultural expectations?
- What does it mean to be male?
- What definition of masculinity should men adopt?
- What roles should men fulfill - in the workplace and in the home?
- What do gender roles have to do with the male's purpose?
- What are the differences between males and females?
- How are men and women meant to relate to one another?
- How can a man build a better life for himself, his family, and the world?
When men understand the purpose God has given them and the true design of their relationship with women, they will be free to fulfill their destiny and potential. Expanded edition with study guide material included.
What listeners say about Understanding the Purpose and Power of Men
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- B. Gogan
Need to fix audio
I've just started this book and it's alittle frustrating. There are parts where the audio cuts out and you don't hear anything and then when it comes back it skipped a few sentences. It's difficult to follow the train of thought.
Essential reading for men, boys, women, and girls.
In times of confusion within families, relationships, and gender roles. This book manages to help you see common sense in the midst of this confusion. A very practical guide to help adult boys become a real and Godly man. This book is particularly helpful if you did not have strong male role models in your upbringing. I'm now inspired to read the 'sister' book ...Understanding the Power and Purpose of Women...