There are people in your life right now camouflaged around you who have no consciences. They are undercover sociopaths who rarely do anything illegal but who take great secret pleasure in hurting or inconveniencing you.
The type 1 sociopath in your life could be:
- The person bullying you in your family, at work, or at school
- The bully in your child's life
- Your lover who slips little white lies and whom you suspect is cheating on you
- Your friend or coworker who steals your ideas or gossips behind your back
- The church leader who breaks personal boundaries and uses religion as a weapon
- Your friend or family member who comes around only when they need something
- Your boss or teacher who seems to love belittling you
- Your therapist or friend whom you always feel stupid, unattractive, or unworthy around
P. A. Speers has compelling insight on why "nice guys" (and gals) finish last and how they can finish first. After Speers experienced a tsunami of users, manipulators, and dangerous individuals, she discovered what therapists failed to inform her: There are people camouflaged in society who have no consciences.
What listeners say about Type 1 Sociopath: When Difficult People Are More than Just Difficult People
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- Cooper Girl
Avoid this book!!!
This book is horrible. Provided no real or useful information about sociopathic behavior or how to recognize it. The readers are overly dramatic and make it difficult to listen to.
Good fun snappy interesting narration
Quite liked this. Useful in helping you to reference your experience in your own life and look to move on.
Not massively in-depth but a good listen and helpful advice all the same.