Written by the best-selling author of The White Coat Investor: A Doctor's Guide to Personal Finance and Investing, Financial Boot Camp contains step by step instructions that will take you from zero to hero in twelve easy steps. Despite not receiving any business, financial, or investing education during the long years of school and residency, a minority of doctors become financially literate and convert their high income into real wealth. That wealth then allows them to practice medicine or dentistry free from the financial constraints of their peers. They can focus on their patients, their families, and their health. They can build lives of purpose, meaning, and happiness. This financial independence dramatically reduces the financial stress and burnout that plagues modern medicine and dentistry.
Financial Boot Camp will teach you what you need to know to joint the ranks of these financially secure doctors. It starts at the very beginning and is filled with straight talk and clear explanations. Although appropriate for the financial novice, it also contains advanced concepts unknown to many financial advisors. Besides giving you the information you need, the included anecdotes from real doctors will also inspire you to finally take action and get control of your financial life.
This book will show you how to:
- Protect your income from disability, premature death, and malpractice lawsuits
- Design and follow a budget that will allow you to build wealth while still living the good life
- Understand the intricacies of the federal income driven repayment and forgiveness programs
- Pay off your student loans within two to five years of residency graduation
- Increase your income from your practice and side gigs
- Buy and pay off the house of your dreams
- Understand the tax code and reduce your annual tax bill by thousands
What listeners say about The White Coat Investor's Financial Boot Camp
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
A must read for every physician
Thank you for this very informative financial guide. Highly recommended. I plan on gifting this book to graduating trainees I directly supervise.
2 people found this helpful
- Forever a Student
great, -1star for repetition to prev. book
5 star but don't need to get both whitevoat investor and this book. This book is more organized my steps. You can learn more about individual subtopics elsewhere to be high yeild
1 person found this helpful