If you want to discover the captivating history of the Space Race, then pay attention...
The Cold War is usually thought of in terms of fear, potential nuclear war, and espionage. While these were elements of the years between the end of World War II and the 1990s, the competition between the US and the USSR had some real benefits. Perhaps, the best and most impressive accomplishments during this time resulted from the Space Race.
In The Space Race: A Captivating Guide to the Cold War Competition Between the United States and Soviet Union to Reach the Moon, you will discover topics such as:
- The End of World War II, the Fate of German Scientists, and the Future of an Unassuming Ukrainian
- A Brief Overview of the Cold War Rivalry
- A Grand Announcement: Both Nations Pledge to Launch Satellites
- The USSR and USA Prepare Their Satellites and Their Sites
- Russian Accomplishes Several Firsts with Sputnik 1, 2, and 3
- Americans Play Catchup
- Different Approaches to Getting the First Men in Space
- The First Men in Space
- JFK’s Resolve and Prediction of the Ultimate Win - Reaching the Moon
- The Three Primary NASA Programs
- The First Spacewalks
- The First Successful Spacecraft Docking
- Apollo 11 - One Small Step for Man
- Those Who Gave Their Lives
- The Long, Bumpy Road to Coordination
- And much, much more!
So, if you want to learn more about the Space Race, scroll up and click the "buy now" button!