Featuring erotic stories by Jerry Stahl, Steve Almond, Roxane Gay, and Touré.
In The Best American Erotica, Volume 11, we learn about the very first penis in science-fiction hotshot Geoffrey Landis's bawdy fairy tale; Touré's breathless prose poem sets us up with an evening's worth of erotic visitors; and in Jerry Stahl's story, a man recalls his boyhood fascination with his mother's friends and their elaborate undergarments.
Included in this collection:
- "Confessions of a Japanese Salary Man" by Claire Tristram
- "The Cool Cat" by Steve Almond
- "The Pitcher" by Sharon Wachsler
- "Old Tingo's Penis" by Geoffrey A. Landis
- "Two Guys, A Girl,&A Porno Movie" by Rachel Kramer Bussel
- "Sex in Space: The Video" by David R. Enoch
- "Dicks, Digits, Dildoes" by Dawn O'Hara
- "Recent Reports of Progress Toward Fusion" by Bill Noble
- "They're for My Husband" by John Yohe
- "The Conductor" by A. W. Hill
- "A Red Dress Tale: La Jodida Guarra" by Susannah Indigo
- "The Devil in her Eye" by Maggie Estep
- "Snow" by Jameson Currier
- "A Cool Dry Place" by R. Gay
- "Man and Woman: A Study in Black and White" by Rachel Resnick
- "The Boy Who Read Bataille" by Simon Sheppard
- "Spawning" by Joy Vannuys
- "A Guest" by Touré
- "Wax" by I. K. Velasco
Previously published as Best American Erotica 2004.
"[Susie Bright is] the avatar of American erotica." (The New York Times)
What listeners say about The Best American Erotica 2004 (Unabridged Selections)
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
Sliver of quiver
There are 25 stories included and I enjoyed 2 of them. Given how specifically freakish they all are, I can't imagine anyone enjoying more than 4 of them on the outside. If that's a high enough percentage for you or if you're just curious, then you might want to give this a listen. If you're looking for 8 hours of listening pleasure - I don't like your chances of being pleased with this selection.
8 people found this helpful