Simon Cliffe reads some of the greatest Christmas poems for the 12 days of Christmas.
- Day 1 - Merry Christmas by Louise May Alcott.
- Day 2 - Christ's Nativity by Henry Vaughan.
- Day 3 - Ceremonies for Christmas by Robert Herrick.
- Day 4 - New Prince, New Pomp by Robert Southwell.
- Day 5 - Christmas Cheer by Thomas Tusser.
- Day 6 - Ring Out, Wild Bells by Alfred, Lord Tennyson.
- Day 7 - The Oxen by Thomas Hardy.
- Day 8 - Nativity by John Donne.
- Day 9 - A Christmas Carol by G. K. Chesterton.
- Day 10 - Christmas Bells by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
- Day 11 - Twas the Night Before Christmas by Clement Clarke Moore.
- Day 12 - Minstrels by William Wordsworth.
Merry Christmas, and enjoy!
What listeners say about The 12 Days of ChristmasAverage Customer Ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
Well-narrated Christmas poetry
I enjoyed listening to this Christmas poetry collection. Some old favorites and some that were new to me. I very much appreciated the reader as well. My only complaint was that it was too short!
3 people found this helpful
Good stories, not keen on the narrator
A nice selection of Christmas poems. The narrator reads with conviction but I find his accent gets in the way of my enjoyment. Simon Cliffe's accent sounds what I think of as Cockney, and "to" sounds like "tu" (short "u"), "wild" sounds like "wiwde", and "pawing" like "poring". I prefer a narrator who has a more neutral accept or who can incline his accent to suit the selection...