Get Your Free Audiobook
Supernatural Stories by Women Writers
A rich anthology of classic tales of ghosts and the supernatural written by women.
- 'The Operation' by Violet Hunt
- 'On the Northern Ice' by Elia W. Peattie
- 'Afterward' by Edith Wharton
- 'The Missing Model' by Lettice Galbraith
- 'The Cold Embrace' by Mary E. Braddon
- 'Room Number Ten' by Bessie Kyffin-Taylor
- 'Pomegranate Seed' by Edith Wharton
- 'Mrs. Raeburn's Waxwork' by Eleanor Smith
- 'The Mystery of the Semi-Detached' by Edith Nesbit
- 'Kerfol' by Edith Wharton
- 'Satan's Circus' by Eleanor Smith
- 'The Lifted Veil' by George Eliot
- 'Mansize in Marble' by Edith Nesbit
- 'Miss Mary Pask' by Edith Wharton
- 'From the Loom of the Dead' by Elia W. Peattie
- 'The Ticking of the Clock' by Louisa Baldwin
- 'The Violet Car' by Edith Nesbit
- 'Lost in a Pyramid' by Louisa M. Alcott
- 'The Eyes' by Edith Wharton
- 'A Child of the Rain' by Elia W. Peattie
- 'From the Dead' by Edith Nesbit
- 'The Jew's Beech Tree' by Annette von Droste-Hülshoff
What members say
- Sue Doran
I cannot bear to listen to any more
The narrator's elongation of every last word of every sentence is too annoying to me for me to listen to any more. It's like Ms Dobson is reading poetry, not prose.
I hoped at first maybe it was just one character voice she was using for one story but having started listening to three, this is not the case.
I'm disappointed to find this narrator is listed for a good number of titles I would probably enjoy. I feel I have wasted my credit this month.
I have put 5 stars for story but I don't know, I have not listened to any all the way through. I am abandoning this title very reluctantly.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful