Get Your Free Audiobook
Summary of Angela Duckworth's Grit: Key Takeaways & Analysis
- Narrated by: Serena Travis
- Length: 29 mins
- Unabridged Audiobook
Add to basket failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from Wish List failed.
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Listen with a free trial
Buy Now for $5.79
Don't miss out on the unforgettable and profound wisdom of Angela Duckworth's New York Times best-selling book, Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance. This SUMOREADS' summary includes key takeaways and analysis to help you quickly soak up the essence of her deep insight. Discover the source of your own grit to start improving your life - and the lives of those around you - today.
What will you learn from listening to this book?
- What grit is and why it matters more than natural ability in achievement
- The danger of emphasizing talent over effort and commitment
- How to develop the four psychological qualities of grit - interest, practice, purpose, and hope
- How experts differ from everyone else in the way they practice and structure their goals
- How grit ties to a growth mindset, optimism, and satisfaction at work and in life
- How to raise gritty children by fostering a supportive and demanding environment
- How to cultivate a culture of grit in teams and organizations
Book Summary Overview
In this New York Times best seller, Angela Duckworth takes the listener to the playing field of achievement to demystify exceptional performance and distill success into its bare, learnable components. Duckworth contends that IQ, socioeconomic status, physical ability, and other predetermined qualities do not count for as much as effort, passion, and perseverance in any story of success. She draws from her positive psychology research and from the experiences of "grit paragons" to argue for a theory of success that is as accessible as it is inspirational.