Get Your Free Audiobook
Add to basket failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from Wish List failed.
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Listen with a free trial
Buy Now for $20.83
Robert A. Johnson was more than an international best-selling author of 15 books, brilliant and influential Jungian analyst, and acclaimed international lecturer; he was a master storyteller. This collection is transcribed from Robert’s own tellings throughout the years. Robert told these stories, his favorites, to an appreciative and revering community each night at Journey into Wholeness events from 1981 to 2001. Robert collected several of these stories in his beloved India, but the audiobook includes stories and myths from Chinese, Native American, Mexican, and European traditions. Each story is introduced by a colleague, mentee, or friend whose life was profoundly changed by the presence and teachings of this wise and other-wordly sage.
Robert taught us we could enjoy a myth or a story as a child would, or we could listen more carefully to discover a road map for our own inner work. Magical, humorous, tragic, enigmatic, these stories illustrate Robert’s capacity to speak to the delights and adversities of the human experience, and to our collective quest to become our most conscious and authentic selves.
- Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 The Good Year (Hindu) - Introduced by Murray Stein
- Chapter 2 The Miracle of Guadalupe (Mexican) - Introduced by Gertrud Mueller Nelson
- Chapter 3 One-Two Man (Paiute) - Introduced by Phil Cousineau
- Chapter 4 Savatri and Satchavan (Hindu) - Introduced by Laurie Downs and Elizabeth Rucker
- Chapter 5 Cry of the Loon (Inuit) - Introduced by Barry Williams
- Chapter 6 The Frog Queen (Hindu) - Introduced by Rob Luke
- Chapter 7 The Dame Ragnel (Western) - Introduced by Paula Reeves
- Chapter 8 The King and the Sannyasin (Hindu) - Introduced by Pete William
- Chapter 9 The Woman at the Crossroads (origin unknown) - Introduced by Virginia Apperson
- Chapter 10 Heaven’s Emissary (Hindu) - Introduced by Frank Roth
- Chapter 11 The Rainmaker (Chinese) - Intro by J. Pittman McGehee
- Chapter 12 Transposed Heads (Hindu) - Intro by Jim Cullipher
What listeners say about Storytime with Robert: Robert A. Johnson Tells His Favorite Stories and MythsAverage Customer Ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- Happy Reader
glad we have achieved his stories.. Johnson was a living master. very very enjoyable. thanks