Sound impossible? Well it isn't. If you truly envy those who shop at trendy, expensive boutiques wearing designer clothing, then this is for you! Can you really achieve fashion success in today's economy? Yes, you can! Have you ever wondered why some people are more fashionable than others? You know the ones - they look like they just stepped out of an advertisement in Vogue. Well look no further. You can achieve the same results by creating your very own clothing! Many people don't know it, but you can find patterns that mimic the latest designs down to the minute details. Even if you were a miserable failure in your home economics class, learning to sew is one of the simplest talents you will ever develop. And you can do it right away! Did you know that the actual "sewing" is only a small part of the entire process of creating a garment? It's true. Most of what you need to know as a beginning seamstress are the lingo and the details. And, you learn it all in A Beginners Guide to Sewing. Take a look at what you will learn:
- How to assemble a sewing kit - This is all about having great notions! Learn what basic items you should begin with.
- Selecting the right fabric - How to select the correct fabric for the task at hand. You wouldn't use organza to recover your furniture!
- Zipping it up - It's not necessarily all about zippers. Discover all the other types of closures that are available.
- Patterns: before and after - Describes how to take the proper measurements before you go off to buy a pattern. Remember where we suggested that sewing is less about sewing and more about technique? This is where you learn the heart and soul of your sewing projects.
- Seamless finishing - Discover how to make the inside seams of a garment just as attractive as the outside.
- And more!