Get Your Free Audiobook
Add to basket failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from Wish List failed.
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Listen with a free trial
Buy Now for $9.68
Video games are more popular than ever, but the industry is small and notoriously difficult to break into. This audiobook will cover the complete process from job application to landing a job, as well as give an honest look at life as a professional video game developer.
In an ultra-competitive industry, you need every advantage possible to stand out from the crowd. By listening to this audiobook, you will receive power-ups and bonus XP for your journey in game development.
Some of the topics covered in this audiobook include:
- Different career paths inside professional video game development
- Deciding whether to enroll in a school or program in order to get a job
- Tips on writing your cover letter, resume, and creating a high-quality portfolio or demo reel
- Using networking and social media to become a better job candidate
- Proven methods of searching for game development jobs
- A look behind the scenes at the typical job application process inside video game studios
- A breakdown of the full interview process
- What to expect during an on-site interview and how to have a successful one
- Information about money such as salary, relocation, benefits, and at-will employment
- Some of the perils of working in video games such as layoffs and working overtime
- Reasons why a career game development might not be right for you
If you are interested in a career working in video games or just curious about how game studios work from an insiders perspective, this audiobook will shine a light on all these topics and more. Whether you dream of a successful career in video games or are simply curious, this audiobook will provide knowledge and insight about the game industry written by a professional game developer.
What listeners say about Score a Video Game CareerAverage Customer Ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- John Rodgers
It's a good source of knowledge, but nothing groundbreaking
This book mainly focus on how to get a job in the game industry, my main dislike of it is that it goes in to a lot of detail in art and doesn't give the same treatment to design/coding (this gets better the further you get in the book though)
If you're on the fence about going on to the game industry this shouldn't be your first place to start but something to defiantly read/listen to
1 person found this helpful
- Chelsea Gibbs
It's got loads of great information about how to go about getting a job in the games industry and the diffrent types of jobs in the industry. He tells you what it is like to work in the industry from a personal and well experienced perspective. I had to take some of the information with a grain of salt since this is US based and I live in the UK but still very useful and I'd recommend this to anyone who is starting out trying to make a career in games or may be having trouble with it. :)