At once sophisticated and sidesplitting, this comic anthology from Un-Cabaret unleashes the laughs with its ensemble cast of comedians, their collective body of work spanning SNL, Roseanne, Sex in the CIty, and The Simpsons. Part of Un-Cabaret's monthly reading series, Say the Word adopts a tone more ponderous and poetic than typical stand-up faire. Indeed, with their emphasis on highly literary humor, the proceedings resemble a random and ribald rendition of A Prairie Home Companion. Featuring Un-Cabaret regulars such as Beth Lapides, Rob Cohen, and Alan Zweibel, Say the Word treats listeners to tickling takes on such wide-ranging topics as bad sex, teenaged angst, and brushes with death, among others.
Original comedy material from some of the best comedy writers around! True stories about masturbation, hair straightening, sleep, near death experiences, and more from the brilliant comedy minds behind Saturday Night Light, Roseanne, Sex and the City, The Ben Stiller Show, and The Simpsons.
These audio selections feature highlights from Un-Cabaret's monthly reading series "Say the Word":
- "Something Extremely Important" by Merrill Markoe
- "Attractive in a Bad Way" by Rob Cohen
- "To Sleep, Perchance to Sleep Some More" by Julie Rottenberg
- "The Day I Got Caught Playing with Myself in Hebrew School" by Alan Zweibel
- "To Live and Almost Die in LA" by Beth Lapides
- "Good Hair" by Winnie Holzman
- "Desperate Flapper" by George Meyer
"Above and beyond!" (The New Yorker)
"Original, deep, and very funny!" (The Onion)