Discover the secrets to mastering photography at night!
Night photography and astrophotography can be two of the most frustrating subgenres of landscape. A lot of the reason for this is because:
1. It really is a hard subject to master due to the lack of light.
2. People don't understand how to go about mastering it.
It's very technical, math based, and has a lot of steps. While this can put a lot of people off, I'm here to break it down for you. Planning is absolutely key, and I'll walk you through every step you need to make your shoot successful.
Here is a preview of what you'll learn:
- Tips and tricks for photographing in low light: Before diving right into night photography, I think it's best to get your feet wet with a little introduction to the world of low-light photography. If you can master this, night photography is the next logical step. The tips include information on the importance of selecting ISO and using a tripod to reduce shake.
- Astrophotography and night photography: I explain the difference; inclusion of landscape along with the sky or without.
- How dark does it need to be? This chapter discusses how to figure out the light pollution in your area and a few tips on how to combat it or use it to your advantage if need be.
- The gear: This comprehensive list breaks down the essential gear you need to make it work.
- Planning your shoot and composition: Talks about all the steps you need to take to make your shoot successful
- Getting star trails: how to make beautiful star trails in your image.
- Getting point stars: provides opposite techniques to the previous tip, including how to determine exposure time for this style.
- Editing: Night photography has its own kind of retouching that you have to do to get the perfect image, and I break down all the steps and how to make them work for you.
What listeners say about Landscape Photography: The Ultimate Guide to Landscape Photography at Night
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
gave me the mathematical equation i needed
10 outa 10 woild recommend to all.
a must if you need help in night landscape.
Very basic guide and it's a real, not "ultimate"
I thought this guide was very basic and very much for absolute beginners, to call it the Ultimate Guide to night photography is a real stretch and misrepresentation
- Michigan Guy
useless as an audiobook
basically impossible to use as an audiobook unless you're going to transcribe it... so useless.