People fast for many reasons: to break an addiction, to seek God for healing, to discover the answer to a lingering problem, and some fast for revival. But the greatest reason to fast is to get to know God intimately and to feed on the bread of life.
This book is not an instruction manual on the methods of fasting or on how to pray. Rather, Dr. Elmer Towns describes the spirit of fasting that leads to an intimate knowing of Jesus Christ. He will show you that fasting is:
- Tasting the goodness of the Lord
- Waiting in God's presence to become like him
- Coming to Jesus to enjoy his presence
- Drinking from God's presence to get spiritual satisfaction
- Learning to discipline yourself even as Jesus did
- Growing spiritually into the image of Jesus
- Gaining spiritual perception of God's world
- Entering God's rest as you know his heart
What listeners say about Knowing God Through Fasting
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- SELECTIVE CONSUMER
The content is wonderful. This is a classic on fasting from a person who knows and has experienced the power of fasting and prayer. A highly esteemed teacher in the Body of Christ.
2 people found this helpful
- Mr D.A.WALKER
This Book is a very good read and it's just one more to add to my arsenal of books on Fasting unto God and spiritual disciplines and warfear
how can we deny the Power of Fasting & Prayer
it's just one of many tools God has given his people.