A wonderful collection of 50 phenomenal stories by the world’s great short story writers.
- 'The Other Sense' by J. S. Fletcher
- 'A Double Return' by Arthur Machen
- 'Presentiments' by P. C. Wren
- 'The Mahatma’s Story' by May Sinclair
- 'New Dresses' by Katherine Mansfield
- 'Major Wilbraham' by Hugh Walpole
- 'How Pearl Button Was Kidnapped' by Katherine Mansfield
- 'The Ceremony' by Arthur Machen
- 'Mustapha' by Sabine Baring-Gould
- 'The Library Window' by Margaret Oliphant
- 'A Duchess’s Secret' by Andrew Lang
- 'The Tiredness of Rosabel' by Katherine Mansfield
- 'The Bowmen' by Arthur Machen
- 'The Cage' by J. D. Beresford
- 'The Journey to Bruges' by Katherine Mansfield
- 'A Truthful Adventure' by Katherine Mansfield
- 'Torture' by Arthur Machen
- 'Dr. Faust’s Last Day' by Maurice Baring
- 'The Green Mamba' by Edgar Wallace
- 'Ole Underwood' by Katherine Mansfield
And 30 other great classic stories.
What listeners say about Fifty Phenomenal StoriesAverage Customer Ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- A. L. Jones
Stories ruined by terrible narration.
I listened to the first story, then skipped to the start of several others to see if the narration improved. Unfortunately it didn't vary. To me the narrator sounded like a cross between a female Uriah Heep and the witch from Snow White. I couldn't listen to any more, irrespective of how good the stories may have been, so I returned it. I'd advise others to listen to the sample before considering purchasing this audiobook.