Get Your Free Audiobook
Add to basket failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from Wish List failed.
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Listen with a free trial
Buy Now for $30.42
This collection contains 12 of the greatest mystery shows ever broadcast during the golden age of radio, featuring the legendary stars that made them great.
You will hear Orson Welles, Humphrey Bogart, Peter Lorre, Vincent Price, Basil Rathbone, Joan Fontaine, and other stars in classic radio episodes from such radio shows as Suspense, Escape, The Whistler, Inner Sanctum, The Screen Directors Playhouse, and The Weird Circle, among others. Settle in to relive 12 of the best classic radio mystery shows from yesteryear:
- "The Bloody, Bloody Banks of the Fall River", aka "The Story of Lizzie Borden", with Lou Merrill (09/30/1953)
- Escape: "Present Tense", with Vincent Price (01/31/1950)
- The Humphrey Bogart Theatre: "Dead Man", with Humphrey Bogart (09/17/1949)
- Inner Sanctum: "Murder Faces East", with Karl Swenson (12/13/1948)
- Murder at Midnight: "The Dead Come Back", with Joseph Julian (06/14/1946)
- Screen Directors Playhouse: "The Uninvited", with Ray Milland (11/18/1949)
- Screen Directors Playhouse: "The Spiral Staircase", with Dorothy McGuire (11/25/1949)
- The Screen Guild Theatre: "Suspicion", with Joan Fontaine, Basil Rathbone, and Nigel Bruce (01/04/1943)
- Suspense: "The Moment of Darkness", with Peter Lorre (04/20/1943)
- Suspense: "Lazarus Walks", with Orson Welles (10/19/1943)
- The Weird Circle: "The Thing in the Tunnel", based on a story by Charles Dickens (01/19/1945)
- The Whistler: "The Gentle Way", with Howard McNear (07/23/1947).