Blindness never stops a friendship; is not just about a friendship, but also other powerful themes.
- The story centers around a girl named Katherine, 15 years of age
- Recently blind in a car accident which killed her mother
- Now is in the care of her estranged aunt, who is hiding secrets
- Katherine tries her best to make a relationship with Morgan, only it is clear that the woman is hiding secrets
- Starting school, Katherine finds it difficult to make friends, feeling everyone is avoiding her due to her disability
- During her first day, at lunch, Katherine wanders into the courtyard where she meets a boy named Bradley, he is distant but talkative, glad to finally have a friend, also feeling outcasted by the school
- Upon talking about Bradley, Morgan and other adults in the school act strangely regarding the subject
- One day at lunch, Bradley confides in Katherine that he is gay which is why he is an outcast
- Katherine is being asked multiple questions by teachers regarding her having lunch out in the courtyard.
- One day, Bradley finally admits a dark secret, forcing Katherine to run away, only into the hands of the school’s office.
- Wanting to flush out secrets, Katherine and her aunt finally confront Bradley and admit the truth in a heartfelt scene
Each section is a riveting experience building up to an on-edge confrontation. It’s up to you to picture the events. Blind Girl Meets a Ghost will not be a disappointing listen.
About the author
Marielle Sabbag is a recent graduate from Endicott College. There she majored in English: creative writing. Growing up in Massachusetts, Marielle never wasted a rainy day. Writing has been her greatest passion since the age of 11.
Authors have inspired her with their unique stories to write adventures of her own. Ever since she is never seen without a pencil and notebook in hand. Writing brings out creativity and imagination also passes along inspiration.
She hopes to inspire others with the words she leaves behind. If you can write then you can do it. Everyone has a story to share.
Short Story Press publishes unique and original short stories written by everyday writers throughout the world.