Imagine a beautiful, productive garden that doesn't need hours of watering. In most regions this is achievable, and we will explain how.
In this book we share our successful, proven methods for productive organic gardening while saving valuable time and water. We have developed these techniques ourselves in our own food gardens, and we have successfully taught them to many gardeners. During droughts in recent years, our clients continued to garden productively, some bringing in record harvests of kumara (sweet potatoes), pumpkins, and tomatoes.
There are other benefits to being waterwise: You'll have fewer weeds, stronger plants, and a more vibrant garden ecology.
Here's just some of what you'll learn in this book:
- How to design a waterwise garden.
- How to retrofit an existing garden to be waterwise.
- Which is most water-efficient - raised beds or inground beds.
- Our best watering techniques.
- Why too much watering can be bad for your garden.
- Why mulch is so important for a waterwise garden.
- And much more.