Find out what happens when a household item becomes a brutal murder weapon….
Explore six chilling axe murders and discover how just a regular tool became known as one of most deadly objects. Learn how to avoid the same mistakes made by the victims of these horrific crimes by listening to the court documents, first-hand accounts, and witness testimonies.
The author shares the gruesome tales of six killers stalking their prey:
- The Servant Girl Annihilator, an elusive rapist and murderer in early 20th-century New Orleans.
- The Axeman of New Orleans, a phantom killer who slipped in through locked doors to murder his victims, considered by many to be a demon from hell.
- The Villisca Axe Murders, where a family was brutally slaughtered in their sleep by a vicious killer who’d hidden in their house, lying in wait for his victims to arrive home.
- The Murder of Helen Jewett, whose violent death shook New York to its core as they searched for, but never found, her killer.
- Clementine Barnabet, who was the murderous leader of a religious cult and admitted to chopping up multiple families during her killing spree.
- The Smuttynose Murders, which turned a quiet, peaceful island into the place of nightmares as a killer hunted through the night.
By glimpsing into the minds of these killers, you may figure out a way to survive.
What listeners say about Axe Murderers: 6 Horrific True Crime Stories, 1 Common Tool
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- Anonymous User
True Crime At It's Finest
I love Ryan Decker's look into true crime stories. He always provides us with enough detail while not boring us with lists of dates and measurements like I've experienced with some true crime books.
I feel like the narrator is clearly a true crime fan and presents the material with enough energy and performance without feeling over done.
If you're a true crime fan, check out this and Ryan Decker's other works.