Everyone has stress in their lives. It comes in an endless amount of shapes and sizes, but it is always there. However, it is our response to this stress that determines whether it is harmful or rewarding. If your response to stress is appropriate, it can propel you into a "zone" and spur peak performance and well-being. If it is inappropriate and you experience stress overload, it can be extremely harmful to you physically and mentally.
In extreme cases, stress overload can lead to chronic illness such as anxiety or depression. So how do you get the benefits and avoid the harmful effects of stress? By identifying it and properly managing your response to it. In his audiobook entitled Anxiety Management and Stress Relief, author David Green provides an in depth guide on how to overcome anxiety, stress, and depression in your life.
The following topics are covered in this audiobook:
- How to identify the sources of stress in your life
- The symptoms of stress
- The symptoms of anxiety
- The symptoms of depression
- How to identify the triggers in your life that cause episodes of anxiety, depression, or stress overload
- The difference between healthy and unhealthy coping mechanisms
- How to build healthy coping mechanisms that fit your own unique situation
- Extra tips and advice for managing your anxiety or depression
- How your physical health is connected to your mental health
- Foods and exercises that can decrease stress and minimize the symptoms of depression and anxiety
- Information about other options available when managing your anxiety or depression alone becomes too difficult
- And much, much more.
What listeners say about Anxiety Management and Stress ReliefAverage Customer Ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- Quanked Scribe
Stay away from this book -- no help here
Any additional comments?
If you are dealing with normal day-to-day stress, it may help. If you are dealing with serious depression, anxiety disorders, PTSD, this book is as effective as a placebo.