Try free for 2 months
A Dog Named Mattis
- 12 Lessons for Living Courageously, Serving Selflessly, and Building Bridges from a Heroic K9 Officer
- Narrated by: Mark Tappan
- Length: 5 hrs and 21 mins
Add to basket failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from Wish List failed.
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Pre-order for $33.37
Sergeant Mark Tappan shares the twelve lessons he's learned from his amazing K9 partner Mattis, whose heroic actions will remind listeners to live courageously, serve selflessly, and love passionately because every human (and dog) has a purpose.
Sergeant Mark Tappan shares a unique bond with his K9 partner Mattis—one of the most decorated police K9s of all time—and knew from the first time they interacted that this dog was something special. As a man of deep faith, Mark also knew that God's most profound teaching often comes through the most unexpected sources—and he soon realized that Mattis was about to teach him a lot about building bridges and serving selflessly.
In A Dog Named Mattis, Mark shares the twelve life lessons he's learned from working with Mattis—such as, go all in, address your weaknesses, and listen first—and encourages others to apply those same principles to their own lives. Listeners will also discover what kind of training police dogs and their handlers must go through, how a police dog is tested and selected, and understand the lengths a dog will go to in order to complete his mission. Through first-hand accounts of bravery and service, listeners will
- discover the unexpected ways that God shares his most profound lessons,
- look for ways to build bridges in their own communities and serve others, and
- gain a deeper understanding of the many ways that K9 units assist police departments and what a K9 officer's daily life looks like.
A Dog Named Mattis will capture the hearts of dog lovers everywhere and remind them that real success is built on relationships filled with trust, communication, and love.