- helpful votes
- The Intellectual Implications of Modern Science
- By: Steven Gimbel, The Great Courses
- Narrated by: Steven Gimbel
- Length: 18 hrs and 6 mins
- Original Recording
No subject is bigger than reality itself, and nothing is more challenging to understand, since what counts as reality is undergoing continual revision and has been for centuries. The quest to pin down what's real and what's illusory is both philosophical and scientific, a metaphysical search for ultimate reality that goes back to the ancient Greeks. For the last 400 years, this search has been increasingly guided by scientists, who create theories and test them in order to define and redefine reality.
- By Anonymous User on 22-03-2021
Entertaining and informative
Well presented in a clear well organised format.A very good introduction and accessible to all.