- helpful votes
A Man for All Markets
- From Las Vegas to Wall Street, How I Beat the Dealer and the Market
- By: Edward O. Thorp, Nassim Nicholas Taleb - foreword
- Narrated by: Edward O. Thorp
- Length: 16 hrs and 30 mins
The incredible true story of the card-counting mathematics professor who taught the world how to beat the dealer and, as the first of the great quantitative investors, ushered in a revolution on Wall Street.
An amazing individual
- By Neil Benson on 28-11-2020
Scientist, Practitioner, Genius
A Man for All Markets is an extremely enjoyable audiobook. Of course, the material is so interesting that any genuinely curious financial markets participant, mathematician, physicist or probabilist will be drawn into what is a truly unique story. Thorp is a pioneer, an empiricist and most of all a guy who did it in practice... What better way to test one's predictions than by beating the House!?!